What is placenta encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation is another way to holistically restore your energy and heal your body post birth. The process of encapsulation involves dehydration and putting the ground placenta powder into capsules for easier consumption. While this is somewhat of a novelty in North America, many indigenous cultures around the world have consumed placenta since the beginning of time.
Some of the benefits of consuming your placenta include:
- Preventing and lessening the risk of postpartum depression or 'baby blues'
- Replenishing your iron from blood loss during birth and to prevent postpartum anemia
- Lending you a consistent flow of oxytocin long after your birth euphoria ends
- Providing the HPL hormone to help establish early and healthy milk supply
- Stabilizing your ever changing hormones post birth
- Replenishing your B vitamins and energy used during the birthing process
- Protection from infection and bleeding due to retained placenta tissue or membranes
- Offer natural pain relief from the labor and birth of the baby
What is the fee and what is included?
$250 + GST
The fee includes a 1-hour in depth consultation over Zoom or in person, pickup of the placenta just hours after birth of your baby, in-home encapsulation according to health standards, complimentary placenta prints and umbilical cord keepsake, delivery of the placenta pills, and 1 postpartum visit.
*Please note that Birthing Embrace does not perform this service directly but refers you to their trusted placenta encapsulator.